Bike Granby Ranch Safety Code
Mountain Bike Checklist
The trails of Bike Granby Ranch are rough and demanding on both the bike and body. Before riding always inspect your equipment or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic.
- Ensure your helmet is in good shape and properly adjusted.
- Inspect bike frame for cracks and damaged or dented areas.
- Ensure your brakes are adjusted properly to stop your bike while descending.
- Front and rear axles should be tight.
- Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
- Check that your tires are in good condition, with no tears or cuts in the sidewall.
- Handlebars and handle grips must be tight and unable to spin.
- Seat and seat post need to be fastened securely.
- No coaster brakes on DH MTB trails.
- Full suspension bikes and seats lowered recommended for DH MTB trails.
Mountain Bikers Responsibility (MBR) Code
- Stay in control at all times. It is your responsibility to avoid other persons and objects around you.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- When entering a trail or starting downhill, you must look uphill and yield to other riders.
- Please assist if you are involved in or witness a collision or accident and identify yourself to the Bike Patrol.
- Keep off of closed areas and obey all signs and warnings.
- Stay on marked trails. Do not cut switchbacks.
- Stay off lifts and out of the Bike Park if your ability is impaired through the use of drugs or alcohol.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity; ability and knowledge to safely ride and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the attendant.
- Hiking in the Bike Park is not permitted.
- Do not feed, provoke or approach wildlife.
Know the code. Be safety conscious. It is YOUR responsibility. Privileges will be revoked for breach of MBR Code.
Also at Granby Ranch
Explore hiking trails, play a round of golf, or fish for trout in gold-medal Fraser River - all at Granby Ranch! For more information on other summer and family vacation activities at Granby Ranch, please call 888-850-4615, or e-mail email@example.com.
Granby Ranch is located just 90 minutes from Denver and 15 minutes from Winter Park and the western entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Get directions or contact us for more information!